Kate Cassidy Explains Why She’s Temporarily Removing Her Tattoo Tributes to Late Boyfriend Liam Payne Gina KalsiFri, July 31, 2026 at 12:47 PM UTC 0 LR: Kate Cassidy with Liam Payne in 2022; Cassidy with her tattoosCredit: DANIEL LEAL/AFP via Getty; Kate Cassidy /TikTok Kate Cassidy has shared that she’s currently undergoing laser treatments to temporarily remove tattoos that honored her late boyfriend Liam Payne The influencer said she wanted the inkings to be finer and did not like their placement on her hand and fingers The tattoos, including angel wings and the number 444, held deep person...
Kate Cassidy Explains Why She’s Temporarily Removing Her Tattoo Tributes to Late Boyfriend Liam Payne

Gina KalsiFri, July 31, 2026 at 12:47 PM UTC
0

L-R: Kate Cassidy with Liam Payne in 2022; Cassidy with her tattoosCredit: DANIEL LEAL/AFP via Getty; Kate Cassidy /TikTok -
Kate Cassidy has shared that she’s currently undergoing laser treatments to temporarily remove tattoos that honored her late boyfriend Liam Payne
The influencer said she wanted the inkings to be finer and did not like their placement on her hand and fingers
The tattoos, including angel wings and the number 444, held deep personal meaning tied to their relationship
Kate Cassidy is temporarily removing some of her tattoo tributes to her late boyfriend, Liam Payne.
The influencer, 27, shared a TikTok video getting the ink removed using a laser treatment at Skin Club Miami on Tuesday, July 28. She explained that she loved “the story and the meaning behind these tattoos,” but that she hated “the placement” of them.
Cassidy filmed herself getting a pair of angel wings blitzed, along with the number “4.” She also posted a picture on her Instagram Stories, appearing to get the angel number “444” removed, according to Page Six.
“Decided to get some tattoos removed that were done poorly, will be getting redone eventually ❣️,” she wrote.

Kate Cassidy showing her tattoosCredit: Kate Cassidy /TikTok
The content creator got a pair of matching angel wings on her right index and middle fingers two months after the One Direction star died following a fall from his hotel balcony in Buenos Aires, Argentina, in October 2024. His official cause of death was ruled as “polytrauma,” or multiple injuries to multiple organs.
The angel wing inkings were symbolic of the tribute the influencer wrote two days after Payne’s death where she referred to him as an “angel.” “Liam, my angel. You are everything. I want you to know I loved you unconditionally and completely,” she penned. “I will continue to love you for the rest of my life. I love you Liam.”
Cassidy also had the angel numbers 444 inked on her hand, which held significant meaning for the couple. In the weeks after her late boyfriend’s death, Cassidy posted several photos of her and Payne on Instagram, including a note the singer wrote that revealed his intentions for them to get engaged and married within a year.
“I keep your note close, even though you told me not to look at it. It said, ‘Me and Kate to marry within a year/engaged & together forever 444,’” she wrote in a message featured in the gallery.
Eight months after Payne’s death, Cassidy posted a tribute to the singer on Instagram, where she wrote: “I love you my angel❤️444.”
Advertisement
In the recent TikTok video, Cassidy explained that she also disliked the thickness of the tattoos, which were pitched to her as being “fine line” inkings.

Liam Payne and Kate Cassidy in 2022Credit: Darren Gerrish/Getty
“Obviously, these tattoos are really special to me. I am going to get them redone, but I’m going to get them really faint and fine line just like this hand and then I’m going to get them moved down here,” she said.
She also claimed that she could not wear rings because of the placement of her current finger tattoos.
— sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.
On Thursday, July 30, Cassidy replied to a comment on her TikTok, which said: “She don’t love him no more 😬.”
“Okay, I knew some of you guys would be offended at the fact that I am deciding to laser off these tattoos on my body,” Cassidy said in the video.
She further explained that she went “somewhere really random” for her first tattoos and expected to get something “very faint, very fine,” but instead ended up with “thick, bulky” ink.
“And listen, the meaning behind all my tattoos are so, so special to me, so I’m not lasering them off for any other means other than the fact that I’m going to get them redone somewhere else that has experience in fine line tattoos and just get them moved down,” she added.
on People
Source: "AOL Entertainment"
Source: Entertainment
Published: July 31, 2026 at 09:01AM on Source: PRIME TIME
#ShowBiz#Sports#Celebrities#Lifestyle