Keanu Reeves wore famous Dolly Parton outfit for Halloween after bizarre connection to late singer Hannah FurnellTue, September 1, 2026 at 9:33 PM UTC 0 Keanu Reeves wore one of Dolly Parton's most famous outfits for Halloween when he was a teen Credit:Reach Publishing Services Limited Keanu Reeves wore one of Dolly Parton&x27;s most famous outfits for Halloween as a teenager, but how he got his hands on it is even more wild.
Keanu Reeves wore famous Dolly Parton outfit for Halloween after bizarre connection to late singer

Hannah FurnellTue, September 1, 2026 at 9:33 PM UTC
0

Keanu Reeves wore one of Dolly Parton's most famous outfits for Halloween when he was a teen -Credit:Reach Publishing Services Limited
Keanu Reeves wore one of Dolly Parton's most famous outfits for Halloween as a teenager, but how he got his hands on it is even more wild.
The 61-year-old Hollywood star shares an unusual family connection to the country legend, who died at the age of 80 on August 25 in Nashville, Tennessee, after a brief battle with cancer. While Reeves was growing up, his mother, Patricia Taylor, was a costume designer who had high-profile clients, including Parton and Emmylou Harris.
Taylor went on to design one of Parton's most famous looks, her Playboy Bunny outfit, which featured the signature black bustier, pink sequin cufflinks, and a pink-and-white bowtie. Parton, whose estate just announced a two-day festival in her honor, wore the now iconic outfit, which also included a pair of bunny ears, for her October 1978 Playboy Magazine cover, but it eventually landed in the possession of a teenage Reeves.
• Dolly Parton's rules for 'open' marriage with husband Carl Dean revealed
• Doctor shares three symptoms following Dolly Parton's death at 80 after 'brief' battle with cancer
During a 2003 appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman, Reeves revealed that he wore the outfit for Halloween two years after Parton modeled it, when he was 16 in 1980.
"My mother did a thing for Dolly Parton for Playboy Magazine when Dolly Parton did the cover," he said at the time. "She was in this kind of outfit, and I wore that when I was 16."

Keanu Reeves' mother designed Dolly Parton's Playboy outfit, and he later wore it for Halloween as a teen -Credit:Getty Images
The actor noted that he wore "the bustier" and "the ears," but traded in the heels for a more comfortable pair of shoes. "I didn't do the cuff. Or did I do the cuffs? I don't remember," Reeves recalled. "And I wore sneakers and like these fishnet things."
Reeves also spoke of wearing the outfit during a 2011 episode of The Graham Norton Show, after the host presented him with the magazine cover.
Advertisement
Norton asked him how he fit into an outfit that was designed for Parton's famously tiny waist. Reeves joked that "there was some room" in the front. "Did you wear that door-to-door, like trick-or-treating?" Norton asked.
The actor explained, "I didn't have the shoes, but I had the ears, I had the bow tie, and I had the top, but I didn't have the cufflinks, then it was the stockings. I didn't shave my legs, and I was wearing these really ratty sneakers. I took a streetcar going to this Halloween party at this performing arts high school that I went to."

Dolly Parton and Keanu Reeves have reunited a couple of times over the years, including in 2019
Parton wore the outfit again in 2021, as a surprise for her husband, Carl Dean, on his 79th birthday. "You're probably wondering why I'm dressed like this. Well, it's for my husband's birthday," she began in the video, shared to her social media.
"Remember some time back I said I was gonna pose on Playboy magazine when I'm 75? Well, I'm 75, and they don't have a magazine anymore, but my husband always loved the original cover of Playboy."
"I was trying to think of something to do to make him happy," Parton added. "He still thinks I'm a hot chick after 57 years, and I'm not gonna try to talk him out of that."
Parton addressed her connection with Reeves during a 2023 appearance on The Drew Barrymore Show. She recalled, "She [Patricia] did a lot of sewing for me, she did a lot of my clothes. But I remember Keanu when he was just little.
"And she would bring him over to my house when we were fitting, or when I would go to the shop where she worked. And one day, years and years and years ago, I was doing a show somewhere, and somebody knocked on the door.
"And, of course, Keanu was already famous at that time. He knocked on the door, and he said, 'Do you remember me? I'm the little boy that used to sit at your feet while my mama was doing [your fittings].' And I said, 'Oh my god!' I knew he had become a star, but it didn't connect to me that that was who that was." The country music star said, "He's great, he's the sweetest guy."
Barrymore added, "I heard that he wore [the costume] actually for Halloween one year. He wore this exact outfit, and he said it's his favorite Halloween costume he's ever worn." Parton seemed surprised, saying, "Aww, did he? That's sweet."
Source: "AOL Entertainment"
Source: Entertainment
Published: September 2, 2026 at 12:45AM on Source: PRIME TIME
#ShowBiz#Sports#Celebrities#Lifestyle