Kate Beckinsale Scrubs Her Instagram amid Body-Shaming Comments Following Her Mast Cell Disease Diagnosis and Mom’s Death

New Photo - Kate Beckinsale Scrubs Her Instagram amid Body-Shaming Comments Following Her Mast Cell Disease Diagnosis and Mom’s Death

Kate Beckinsale Scrubs Her Instagram amid BodyShaming Comments Following Her Mast Cell Disease Diagnosis and Mom’s Death Kimberlee SpeakmanSat, August 8, 2026 at 7:13 PM UTC 0 Kate Beckinsale in March 2026Credit: Jerod Harris/Getty Kate Beckinsale addressed bodyshaming comments after deleting all of her Instagram posts on Aug.

Kate Beckinsale Scrubs Her Instagram amid Body-Shaming Comments Following Her Mast Cell Disease Diagnosis and Mom’s Death

Kimberlee SpeakmanSat, August 8, 2026 at 7:13 PM UTC

0

Kate Beckinsale in March 2026Credit: Jerod Harris/Getty -

Kate Beckinsale addressed body-shaming comments after deleting all of her Instagram posts on Aug. 8

The comments come after she discussed her mast cell activation syndrome diagnosis in a 13-part video, in which she explained that the condition impacts her weight and health

She also said that losing several family members, including her mom, “in a short amount of time” has also taken a toll on her body and that “weight loss is one of the very first physical signs of bereavement”

Kate Beckinsale is speaking out after deleting all of her Instagram posts amid a barrage of recent comments targeting her appearance.

The Serendipity star, 53, shared dozens of posts on her Instagram Stories on Saturday, Aug. 8, highlighting negative comments she’s received about her body after the 2025 death of her mother, Judy Loe, and three years after revealing she had mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS).

“Loosen up the Ozampic !! You were divine and now you look anorexic!,” read one comment she screenshotted and shared.

She also reacted to some commenters on her Instagram Stories, including one person who wrote, “Gain weight you f--- it.”

Beckinsale responded, “You take a break from Instagram for several months following the death of your mother, delete all of your posts and explain in some considerable detail about what you may have lost weight including the fact that weight loss is one of the very first physical signs of bereavement… I think people might be broken.”

Kate Beckinsale response to a commenter in an Instagram Stories post she shared on Aug. 8, 2026Credit: katebeckinsale/Instagram

This comes after the Underworld actress reportedly shared a 13-part video discussing her MCAS diagnosis, which is a condition that occurs when the mast cells in your body release too much of a substance that causes allergy-like symptoms, according to Healthline.

In the since deleted video, Beckinsale said, according Metro UK, that “anytime I post a photo of myself, I receive an enormous amount of comments telling me how disgusting I look and I’m anorexic or I’m on meth or that I’ve lost so much weight.”

“First off, I’ve lost my entire family, except my precious daughter, in a short amount of time,” she shared in the post, referring to the death of her mother and death of stepfather Roy Battersby in 2024.

Advertisement

The actress went on to say that the “second thing” was her MCAS diagnosis, which she said she had been diagnosed with “16 years” ago. She also shared that her “stomach is ground zero” for how the disorder presents itself and urged people to be kinder with their comments, per Metro UK.

However, Beckinsale expressed regret for sharing the video in some replies on her Instagram Stories. In response to one person who commented that her “voice creaks like a door,” she wrote, “Sometimes when I am in a flare, I get crippling acid reflux. I probably should not have made this video. I am truly sorry.”

Kate Beckinsale on March 15, 2026Credit: Tommaso Boddi/WireImage

In another post she said, “I really am truly sorry guys, I genuinely thought it would be helpful to raise some awareness about a disease that so many doctors don’t understand and it causes so much suffering. I wish I had known more about it years ago but I think I’m the wrong person, so I’m really sorry. I did not mean to offend.”

Beckinsale concluded her Instagram Stories sharing one comment asking her, “Would you like to put on some weight,” to which she replied, “Yes, very much.”

— sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

She also seemingly addressed her reasoning behind scrubbing her Instagram clean of all photos and posts in response to one commenter who said, “I liked you better when I didn’t hear you speak.” The actress said,” Well, you won’t again. I’ll delete everything except for the books I recommend.”

The Pearl Harbor actress previously shut down rumors that she has had any botox or fillers due on Instagram and said that this was in part due to her MCAS diagnosis.

on People

Original Article on Source

Source: "AOL Entertainment"

Read More


Source: Entertainment

Published: August 8, 2026 at 03:45PM on Source: PRIME TIME

#ShowBiz#Sports#Celebrities#Lifestyle

 

PRIME SKY © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com