Influencer Says Post-Cosmetic Surgery Swelling Was So Bad Her iPhone Didn’t Recognize Her

New Photo - Influencer Says Post-Cosmetic Surgery Swelling Was So Bad Her iPhone Didn’t Recognize Her

Influencer Says PostCosmetic Surgery Swelling Was So Bad Her iPhone Didn’t Recognize Her Gina KalsiMon, August 24, 2026 at 1:51 PM UTC 0 Ruby Tuesday Matthews before the surgery (L) and after (R)Credit: Ruby Tuesday Matthews/Instagram (2) Ruby Tuesday Matthews, 33, underwent an endoscopic lift procedure in South Korea to achieve a refreshed, youthful look The influencer shared her swollen postsurgery recovery on Instagram and said she had issues accessing her iPhone because it didn’t recognize her face Matthews said she shared her journey because she wanted to be transparent with her followers...

Influencer Says Post-Cosmetic Surgery Swelling Was So Bad Her iPhone Didn’t Recognize Her

Gina KalsiMon, August 24, 2026 at 1:51 PM UTC

0

Ruby Tuesday Matthews before the surgery (L) and after (R)Credit: Ruby Tuesday Matthews/Instagram (2) -

Ruby Tuesday Matthews, 33, underwent an endoscopic lift procedure in South Korea to achieve a refreshed, youthful look

The influencer shared her swollen post-surgery recovery on Instagram and said she had issues accessing her iPhone because it didn’t recognize her face

Matthews said she shared her journey because she wanted to be transparent with her followers about the procedure

Ruby Tuesday Matthews has shared the aftermath of her latest cosmetic surgery, which left her face so swollen that her iPhone could not recognize her.

The Australian influencer, from Byron Bay, traveled to the Ilchi Plastic Surgery clinic in Seoul, South Korea, for an endoscopic lift on Friday, Aug. 21.

It is described as a minimally invasive facelift that aims to create a more youthful appearance, according to London-based clinic 101 Harley Street.

The 33-year-old said she was “sh---ing myself” for the procedure in an Instagram video uploaded to her Stories on Monday, Aug. 24, adding that the “goal was never to change the way I look.”

Ruby Tuesday Matthews right after the plastic surgeryCredit: Ruby Tuesday Matthews/Instagram

“I wanted to keep my face and my features — just look a little more refreshed and awake, while addressing some of the volume loss through my face,” she said to her 244,000 followers.

Matthews said the surgery took four hours in total and that she immediately went back to her hotel to get some sleep, filming her swollen face from her bed, along with tubes running down her body.

The following morning, she got her drain and tape removed and also booked an appointment at the Apple Store because the Face ID on her iPhone did not recognize her.

“Oh my god my phone doesn’t recognize my face, obviously [...] and because it has double-factor authentication for like every single app, I can’t log into my texts,” she said.

Advertisement

Ruby Tuesday Matthews shows the swelling from the surgeryCredit: Ruby Tuesday Matthews/Instagram

“I’ve got to go to the Apple Store because it still doesn’t recognize my face,” Matthews added. “[The Apple employee] goes, ‘I think it will recognize your face now.’ And I was like, ‘I don’t think it will.’ My face is like a little blown-up balloon with like eye slits. I can’t open my mouth.”

After adjusting her phone, Matthews said she then headed back to her hotel to get some more rest. “Day one post-surgery and I stupidly thought this was as swollen as I was going to get,” she said. “Little did I know I was about 24 hours away from inflating like a f---ing balloon.”

In a day three update, the mom of three said, “Right now, my face has never been this swollen in my life.”

Ruby Tuesday Matthews in 2021Credit: Don Arnold/WireImage

— sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

She described the swelling as “uncomfortable” and said she has to sleep sitting up, adding that the third day is supposed to be the “worst” in the recovery process.

Matthews explained her reasons for documenting her surgery journey, adding, “I thought I might as well share this, because there’s no point pretending that I just woke up 10 years younger and not showing you this process.”

After receiving criticism from a follower, the influencer said being transparent with her followers was important to her.

“I thought I was beautiful before and I still do; I haven’t had surgery to change my face or become someone else,” Matthews said. “I simply wanted to look a little more refreshed, and my literal reference was a photo of myself five years ago, what you’re seeing now is swelling, not a new face, and I won’t be ashamed for being honest about something I could very easily have hidden.”

on People

Original Article on Source

Source: "AOL Entertainment"

Read More


Source: Entertainment

Published: August 24, 2026 at 05:00PM on Source: PRIME TIME

#ShowBiz#Sports#Celebrities#Lifestyle

 

PRIME SKY © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com