Golf star open to contact from Donald Trump after 'bonkers' FaceTime invite

New Photo - Golf star open to contact from Donald Trump after 'bonkers' FaceTime invite

Golf star open to contact from Donald Trump after &x27;bonkers&x27; FaceTime invite Tom MalleyThu, August 20, 2026 at 3:02 PM UTC 0 Grant Forrest of Scotland received a FaceTime call from Donald Trump following his Nexus Championship success last year Credit:Reach Publishing Services Limited DP World Tour star Grant Forrest said he would welcome another FaceTime call from Donald Trump should he retain his Nexo Championship title at Trump International Golf Links Scotland this weekend. Forrest, 33, secured his second win on the DP World Tour with a fourstroke victory at the U.S.

Golf star open to contact from Donald Trump after 'bonkers' FaceTime invite

Tom MalleyThu, August 20, 2026 at 3:02 PM UTC

0

Grant Forrest of Scotland received a FaceTime call from Donald Trump following his Nexus Championship success last year -Credit:Reach Publishing Services Limited

DP World Tour star Grant Forrest said he would welcome another FaceTime call from Donald Trump should he retain his Nexo Championship title at Trump International Golf Links Scotland this weekend.

Forrest, 33, secured his second win on the DP World Tour with a four-stroke victory at the U.S. President's luxury golf course in Aberdeenshire, in August 2025, rewarding him with not only $467,500 in prize money but a personal call from Trump himself.

"He's some player," said Trump of Forrest as he spoke on a phone being held by Sarah Malone, the executive vice president at the Menie Estate venue. "I look forward to playing with him. In fact, I'll play with him tomorrow if he could get on a plane. Get on a plane and come over here, Grant!"

• Becky Hammon ejected after screaming in ref's face as Fever catch Aces in WNBA standings

• Enes Kanter Freedom issues ultimatum to WNBA after convincing ex-NBA players to join grift

In response, a smiling Forrest said, "Let's do it, Mr. President!" though that would be as close as they'd come to stepping on the golf course together, as the Scotsman revealed just a month later that it had "been radio silence since the win".

"I didn't take him up on his offer to play the very next day," Forrest said in September 2025. "Bonkers, really. I suppose he's more speaking to me as the owner of the golf course in that situation, but he just happens to be the president of the United States."

Advertisement

Back to defend his title this week, however, the East Lothian man has revealed that he would be more than open to speaking with President Trump once more if he is able to retain his title at the same venue come Sunday.

According to The Scotsman, Forrest laughed at the reminder of last year's conversation with Trump and admitted it would be "nice" to be offered the opportunity again.

However, in order to do so, he will have to pull off another impressive performance as he did just over 12 months ago, though he should certainly be inspired by a giant image of himself from last year on the side of the Players' Lounge.

"Yeah, it is a good feeling," said Forrest of being greeted by that picture on his arrival this week. "Anywhere you've won, you have fond and special memories, and it's great to come back here as the defending champion."

With former Masters champion and Race to Dubai leader Patrick Reed among his rivals on this occasion, however, things certainly won't be smooth sailing for Forrest, especially on a course where his winning total 12 months ago was just eight under par.

Forrest got his title defense off to a rocky start during Thursday's first round, carding an even-par 72

Unfortunately for the Scotsman, that has so far proved to be true, after getting his title defense off to a rocky start in Thursday's opening round, shooting an even-par 72.

Forrest found himself 4-over par through just five holes, though he managed to rally back into contention by carding three consecutive birdies around the turn to steady his scorecard.

He will, however, be hoping for much better when he takes the course for Friday's second round, as he aims to make the weekend's cut and give himself the best chance of winning back-to-back Nexus Championship titles.

Original Article on Source

Source: "AOL Sports"

Read More


Source: Sports

Published: August 20, 2026 at 06:28PM on Source: PRIME TIME

#ShowBiz#Sports#Celebrities#Lifestyle

 

PRIME SKY © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com