Witney Carson Calls Out Carrie Ann Inaba for “Out of Pocket” Comment on ‘Dancing With the Stars’

Witney Carson Calls Out Carrie Ann Inaba for “Out of Pocket” Comment on ‘Dancing With the Stars’

Eric McCandless // Getty Images Dancing with the Stars judge Carrie Ann Inaba has been getting backlash for calling out Guillermo Rodriguez for not having any “joy” during his dance to “Obsessed” on Mariah Carey Night, and now Witney Carson is weighing in.

Speaking to TV Insider , Witney explained that Guillermo wasn’t smiling during the performance because he was in character. “I think it depends on the song and it depends on the character,” she said. “Mariah Carey is very much a diva. I don’t think Guillermo’s light dims no matter what. His light will always shine.”

Witney then called out Carrie Ann’s comment directly, saying, “I felt like that was an ‘out of pocket’ comment from Carrie Ann.”

In case you missed it, Carrie Ann told Guillermo, “What was going on? No, I’m serious. Where is all your joy?” She then asked him to find “that special thing that you bring every time. I felt like you were dimming your light a little bit in this dance.”

Reacting to the audience booing at her, Carrie Ann added, “Look, this is what I get paid for, people. I want to tell you because I don’t want you to ever dim your light. You’re special, and you have a natural gift that we all need. Don’t ever not smile in a dance, I need your light. We all do.”

Guess we’ll see what Super Bowl Night brings?

The Real Reason So Many ‘DWTS’ Pros Are From Utah

Sharna’s ‘DWTS’ Return Sparks Brian Drama

Just Here Reading Into the ‘DWTS’ Lineup Next Week

Why Erin Andrews Isn’t on ‘DWTS’ Super Bowl Night

Connor Wood Defends His Steamy ‘DWTS’ Rumba

Why Jan Ravnik Isn’t Doing the ‘DWTS’ Tour

Steve Kazee Has Some Thoughts on Jenna and Val...

Guillermo Rodriguez Is “Exhausted” by ‘DWTS’ Drama

Giada Finally Addresses Rumored ‘DWTS’ Drama

QQ: Did Jackson Almost Drop Emma on ‘DWTS’?

Your Guide to the ‘DWTS’ Tour: The Shows & Pros


Source: Entertainment

Post a Comment

0 Comments