
All photos courtesy of Dorothy Wang. Interview may receive compensation from purchases of products through these links.
For as glamorous and wealthy as Dorothy Wang is, she isn’t spending as much as you think…at least on her beat. After starring in Rich Kids of Beverly Hills and Bling Empire , the billionaire heiress knows people expect her to be dropping big bucks on all the latest lasers and injectables, but Wang maintains that she’s reeled it in as she’s gotten older. “Maybe $10,000 to $15,000 for every three months,” she told me last week. Wang tied the knot with Brandon Yankowitz last October, and like the pro that she is, she made sure to document the whole six-month journey from engagement to walking down the aisle for her YouTube docuseries Dorothy’s “I Do.” But what beauty treatments does a future bride partake in when her special day is swiftly approaching? Before the finale of her five-part series airs this Sunday, I enlisted the Beverly Hills-turned-New York princess to answer my burning questions about baby Botox, delivery room glam, and her secret to getting sculpted before the big day.
FRIDAY 11:30 AM OCTOBER 2, 2026 NEW YORK CITY
RUSSELL: I’m so excited to be talking to you. Truth be told, I was the biggest Rich Kids of Beverly Hills fan ever. So when this came in my inbox, I told my boss ” No ifs, ands, or buts, I need to do this.”
WANG: I’m actually in New York. The Beverly Hills girl moved to New York and liked it.
RUSSELL: What is the biggest difference that you notice between beauty trends in L.A. versus beauty trends in New York?
WANG: Everyone asks me all the differences all the time. I do really think that people in New York are a bit more conservative.
WANG: And that shows in their faces as well. There’s small tweaks, refinements. People in New York don’t want to have the overly-done lips. They want everything to look a little bit more natural, as if they haven’t done anything. In L.A., if you get something done, you want everyone to see and know.
RUSSELL: It’s almost like a signaling of status in L.A., like “I can afford all of the injectables that I want to put on display,” versus in New York, it’s like they want it to be virtually undetectable. The first thing that I noticed, even way back when I was watching you on Rich Kids of Beverly Hills, is your skin has remained so buoyant. What are you doing to make it so bouncy?
WANG: You know what? It really is my Chinese genetics. We have high collagen content, and I always had a full face. I’ve been saying to the young girls who feel like they’re not snatched, you will appreciate your fuller face when you get older, when everyone else is losing collagen and your skin is still bouncy. I drink bone broth, I eat collagen, I try to have a lot of protein, eggs, and fish.
RUSSELL: I know everyone swears by Korean skincare, but do you incorporate any sort of Chinese skincare in your routine?
WANG: I don’t use any Chinese skincare, but everything in Chinese culture is good for your skin. There’s a lot of soups and desserts that contain a lot of collagen. There’s a swallow’s nest, but the nest is made from their own spit. It’s kind of crazy.
WANG: That is known as the youthful beauty soup that you drink with this bird’s nest.
RUSSELL: Everyone keeps talking about baby Botox. I’m still not sure what that is. Are we Botox girlies?
WANG: Is baby Botox just a term that doctors use to make people who don’t want to say they do Botox comfortable? [Laughs]
RUSSELL: Well, I’ve heard two things. I’ve heard of baby Botox, and preventative Botox.
WANG: I guess it just depends on different levels of Botox. Again, you could do the maintenance Botox, which is just preventative. Then, I guess there’s something that would be more transformative Botox, where you want to actually change the shape of your face, you do a higher dose. Baby Botox is just smaller doses and perhaps it’s just a marketing tool.
RUSSELL: You’re like, “You did Botox, just own it.”
WANG: Yeah, it’s like Botox is Botox. There’s still Botox going into your forehead.
RUSSELL: Exactly. Do you have any go-to topical skincare treatments? Are you doing lasers, peels?
WANG: One thing I recently tried, I did it before the wedding, was Sofwave, and that just keeps you snatched. It’s like laser tightening.
WANG: I mean, it hurts like a bitch, but luckily, the doctor had laughing gas.
RUSSELL: Do you have to go under for that?
WANG: I know people who do go under for Sofwave because it does hurt, but the laughing gas does take the edge off and you’re able to get through it. I am not really good with pain and lasers. But to be honest, I did see really amazing results that lasted for a very long time. It just lifts and tightens, and it builds collagen.
RUSSELL: Okay. I was going to say I’ll try it, but I’m really bad with pain so maybe not. [Laughs]
WANG: My thing with beauty is also, you don’t have to do everything, especially when you don’t need it. There’s a lot of things I’ve been offered that I haven’t done because I’m like, “I’m going to wait until I’m 50.” Why waste the time and effort to do it when you’re so young and you don’t need it yet?
RUSSELL: TikTok is a crazy influence. That’s what the whole preventative Botox is. They’re like, “Start preventative Botox at 23 so that way, when you’re 30, it’s like your face never moves.” And I’m like, “I don’t have time for that right now.”
WANG: I’m trying to think. Maybe I started Botox around 23, but you don’t need it.
WANG: I had a lot of movement in my face because I’m so animated when I speak. I know people that do taping, and they do different collagen sticker masks and stuff like that, and they claim that it’s a similar result.
RUSSELL: There’s also the Nuface . I still don’t know if that works or not, but people swear by that. What’s a beauty treatment that you think is totally not worth the money?
WANG: I remember there is this filler called Radiesse that I never had a good reaction to so I would stay away from that. I mean, I just don’t really do a lot of things.
RUSSELL: Have you always been this way or is it something as you got older, you realized, “Let’s stop spending crazy money on stuff?”
WANG: When I was younger, I was a little bit more adventurous. And now, in my older age, I’m just a little bit more delicate perhaps. If it’s not broke, don’t fix it. Maybe it’s also moving to New York. I’m not just going out and trying everything for fun anymore.
RUSSELL: Is there a beauty or makeup trend that you’ve seen around that you’re like, “That needs to stop”?
WANG: Honestly, the lip lift. It hasn’t been perfected yet. So basically, they cut your lip under your nose, and then they lift it, and sew it.
WANG: So you have these first three months where it’s way too high and then it’s supposed to drop, but then you still have scars in the middle of your face. You really don’t want to put a scar under your nose. There should be an invisible scar or a little bit softer way to achieve it because it looks really obvious.
RUSSELL: There’s a thing that I’ve been hearing, I forgot the word—
RUSSELL: Someone said it’s better to have it appear shorter.
WANG: Yes, the shorter that area is, the more youthful you look because it keeps growing. So if you look at older people, the space between the lip and the nose is longer and longer.
RUSSELL: For your glam, how much would you say you’re spending on just your beauty maintenance a month?
WANG: I mean, glam is expensive. I’ll combine everything quarterly. Now we have these Russian manicures, that’s a pretty penny too, but everything does last a little bit longer. If I combined everything, maybe $10,000 to $15,000 for every three months.
WANG: If I do my Botox, that’s usually around $2,000 or so, and I only do that quarterly. And the only filler I’m doing right now is my lip filler, and that is usually, let’s say $2,000.
WANG: And then my nails are about $500 for my manicure and pedicure together. My hair, with everything cut, color, extensions, maybe that’s $1,500.
WANG: I’m not overdoing it anymore. I think there was a time in L.A. when, not to say everyone’s a little bored, but all you do is your maintenance treatments. You just drive around, and you’re going in before they’re even saying you need to go in because there’s something else.
RUSSELL: I always hear these crazy numbers on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills or Salt Lake , and they’re like, “I’m spending $100,000 a month.”
RUSSELL: Correct me if I’m wrong, when I was dissecting your makeup, you like to go for full glam. None of this clean girl shit.
RUSSELL: You’re with me. You want a matte, airbrushed base.
WANG: If we’re going to do it, we’re going to do it. If I’m sitting in this chair, why am I acting like you’re not here doing a full beat on my face?
RUSSELL: What’s your foundation? I’m constantly searching for the best matte, airbrushed-look foundation.
WANG: The thing is, when I get my makeup done, I have no idea. I don’t ask one question. [Laughs] Everyone loves Armani Luminous Silk . When I actually do my own makeup on an off day, I don’t even put on foundation. I use the Rare Beauty concealer stick , and then I use the now discontinued Tom Ford concealer stick . Then I put on bronzer, highlight, and blush.
WANG: I don’t do laminated brows, but I do microblading. I think she goes a little bit deeper than just microblading. It’s more like she does a powder makeup finish. That has changed my life, just having your brows on your face, not having to wake up every day and draw them in.
RUSSELL: For sure. Do you have a go-to lip combo?
WANG: I love lip liner. For me, it makes all the difference. Either you look like you have lips or you don’t.
WANG: I like Anastasia Beverly Hills . I love all the new Summer Fridays colors, and they also just last a long time.
RUSSELL: I think Lisa Barlow was just talking about those. We just did a Face Card story with her, and she mentioned that she has all the colors.
WANG: They really have a good formula. I love their lip glosses also, and their lip butters .
RUSSELL: For your lashes, they’re probably my favorite part.
RUSSELL: Bombshell. Are you doing the strip lashes, clusters, lash extensions?
WANG: In my day-to-day, I usually have lash extensions. And then when I glam, we will put a strip lash on top.
WANG: Usually, Lilly Lashes are my favorite. In my off times, where I’m just doing my makeup, Lilly Lashes has these self-adhesive half lashes , corner lashes that I’ve been putting on. When I’m doing half lash, I’m just casual, cute girl.
RUSSELL: I don’t know the rules about lash extensions. I always thought that you can’t get them wet, you can’t rub them, you can’t put strip lashes on top.
WANG: I know. There’s so many militant rules. And then over the years, I would be like, “Okay,” and do it. I’m still alive and well.
WANG: Leading up to the wedding, I was actually going to a tanning bed twice a week.
RUSSELL: Oh my god, you can’t do that. [Laughs]
WANG: I know. It was a wedding special though. Because also I was trying to tan outside, and then I was having tan lines, and you don’t really want that during bridal season.
RUSSELL: Well, I’m glad you mentioned your wedding. Do you remember the makeup that you did when he proposed?
WANG: Oh my gosh. So before he proposed, we talked about our engagement. Because nowadays, I think a lot of times brides know so they’re all done and ready. And I was like, “I do want to be surprised, but I just somehow want my makeup and hair to be magically done.” [Laughs]
WANG: So my poor husband now, he tried so hard. I remember the whole thing. He had planned it with my sister. My sister invited me to Venice with her to attend the Biennale. And the whole week leading up to it, my sister was like, “Oh, do you want to get your makeup done?” I was like, “No, I’ll just do it myself.” Literally, these hair and makeup people were in our room doing my sister’s makeup, and they’re like, “Do you want us to do yours?” I sent them away. They were trying so hard. [Laughs] When people asked me if I was surprised for my proposal, I just told them, “I literally sent hair and makeup away. That is how you know I had no idea.”
RUSSELL: So were you barefaced for your proposal?
WANG: Yes. I mean, I did my own little light makeup. I had my eyelash extensions on, luckily, and a little blush, my little Rare Beauty concealer, and that was it.
RUSSELL: But that’s honestly such a nice metaphor for you looking as naturally you as possible in this special moment.
WANG: Yes. It was a more intimate moment. This is the face that Brandon [Yankowitz] normally sees in the day to day. So, in some ways, it worked out. Obviously, for the wedding, I can be as glam as I want to, but it’s just really funny that he really tried so hard for me to have my hair and makeup done. I just kept saying, “Meh, I don’t want it tonight.”
RUSSELL: How early as the bride did you have to wake up to get ready for glam, and how long were you in the glam chair for?
WANG: I honestly was a very laid-back bride, and even my friends were like, “Oh, you should take your photos the day before.” For some reason, I felt like, “I’ll get enough photos.”
WANG: I think I woke up at 9:00, went to breakfast at 10:00, and started glam at 11:00. My biggest fear for the wedding was just being ugly and tired because I know when I attend other people’s weddings and it’s a three-day push, I feel ugly and tired at their wedding.
RUSSELL: Was your wedding a summer wedding?
RUSSELL: It’s still warm though. Are you doing mass amounts of setting spray to make sure everything stays together?
WANG: I’ve always been lucky that my makeup looks better the longer it’s been on. Honestly, it was a joke with my hair and makeup team that I would come home at 2:00 in the morning and take a selfie and show them, and they’d be like, “It still looks perfect.” When I was younger, and we were filming, I sometimes would sleep in my makeup if I had a scene the next morning. It was crazy.
RUSSELL: I think Kim Kardashian said she used to do that too.
WANG: It didn’t feel good, but it looked good.
RUSSELL: I’m very jealous. I’m someone who has to do my makeup at the last possible second before I leave because it just gets super oily super fast. I double bake, double setting spray.
WANG: Oh, wow. I remember someone on our cast had that too and they would put milk of magnesia on their face to help with the oils.
RUSSELL: I’m going to look that up. So you have a newly-announced pregnancy, congratulations. Are you going to be glam or barefaced in the delivery room?
WANG: I really don’t know. I mean, in my early pregnancy, I definitely have gotten a little lazier. I’m not even blow-drying my hair fully anymore. I’d rather be laying down. Not that my priorities have changed, but my energy has shifted a bit.
WANG: I’ll have to see how I feel. I don’t think it’s going to be a full beat. It may be nice if your hair is done. And then I’ll do a little light makeup for myself. The no-makeup makeup. A little blush can go a long way.
RUSSELL: Thank you so much for taking the time to sit down and talk with me. It was so much fun.
Source: Fashion
0 Comments